Saturday, August 9, 2014

7 wonders of the porch...

Screened in porches.  Cluttered porches.  Painted porches, wooden porches. Porches filled with people. 

Odd trend noticed when on foot: the nicer the house, the less chance there is actually someone sitting on the porch.  Is having a nice porch worth it if you never have time to sit on it?

Two men sit drinking coffee in the morning sunlight on their porch smile at me and we exchange waves. There's a rich culture behind sitting on the porch, one that ambitious, busy people can learn from.

This afternoon, a young neighbor lady of mine invited me to come over. 
"What are you doing?" I asked. 
"Just sitting on the porch," she said.  
I went.  

So many favorite life moments occur on porches.  Take for example:

 
1. Music and Coffee
 2. Stretching

 3. Flowers
4. Ice Cream


5. Light



 6. The moon

7. Sleeping 


Good night!

1 comment:

  1. I love the light picture. Love porches. Maybe someday I'll be privileged enough to have one.

    ReplyDelete