Saturday, October 18, 2014

Instead of the blog I was going to write, 7 things I'm thankful for tonight

I was thinking of calling this blog "Seven things I should have done already", since it's after midnight and I hear my un-dry clothes spinning in the dryer, see my unwashed dishes in the sink over there beyond the pile of unfolded towels, see the un-written blog on this page, and realize I haven't started a PowerPoint that I need to have done by Thursday.

But I changed it to seven things I'm thankful for.  God does such a good job of reminding me to give thanks, and I always feel better when I do.

1.)  I'm thankful that I have clothes and towels and that, even though unfolded and undried, they are washed.  

2.) I'm glad that although the bug I found on my carpet and captured in a jar turned out to be a roach, my neighbor Mary who knows everything is confident that I'll eradicate them once I get to the pet store for a thing she calls "roach bait".  And I'm glad that my house isn't like the one I stayed at in New York City, where we would turn on the lights in the morning, and the roaches would scramble to their hideouts by the dozen. 

3.) I'm really glad for Diet Sierra Mist cranberry splash.

4.) I'm glad that my renewed passport came in the mail the other day, stiff yet silky navy, even though my publishers are still in discussion about whether it's safe for me to go to the Middle East.

5.) I'm glad my friends and I don't have Ebola.  It's truly a terrible disease without a cure. 

6.) I'm thankful that I was able to attend the BetterLife awards ceremony tonight and hear many great volunteer's stories, even though my nomination for Dr. Halloran was edged out by people working for nonprofit organizations.  That was okay though. Thanks for voting by the way!

7.)  I'm thankful this blog post is now complete! 

1 comment: